Blood Microscopy: Spirochetes, Cysts and Biofilm

I saw a biologist the other day for some phase contrast blood microscopy. She pricked my finger, took a drop of blood and put it under her 5000x microscope.

I used my little digital video camera to record the analog monitor screen, so that’s why the picture goes light and dark. And forgive my shaky camera work, as I was taking notes while holding the camera.

00:09 My red blood cells exhibited some rouleaux, which means they stacked together, on top of each other, which usually means gut inflammation. But she said it wasn’t too bad, maybe a 1.5-2 out of a possible 5.

00:23 She soon saw a parasite in one of the blood cells. Maybe a protozoa? Babesia?

05:12 Fibrin started to be noticeable at seven minutes after taking the blood sample. Usually it takes twenty so this means I have excess prothombrin. Which means my liver is overworking, which I have known for millennia. Proteolytic enzymes will break down fibrin. Fibrin is a big problem for people who have fibromyalgia.

07:34 Next she saw an echinocyte. The membrane fatty acids take on this appearance with toxicity/oxidative stress.  They also form as individual cells are ‘dying’ a natural cell death.  However, cells infected with bacteria that release toxic metabolic wastes will often exhibit this ‘pin cushion’ appearance, and bacteria can often be seen emerging from this type of cell as the blood sample ages.  Poor detoxification systems- liver and kidney- can also affect the cell membrane of the RBC’s, but in that case, the ‘bumps’ are usually more blunt, rather than pointed.

10:23 We see a spirochete exiting (hard to see in video)

11:46 I ask what all those small dancing bits in the serum were. She said triglycerides. Although this particular dark bit might be a bacterium.

12:21 The red blood cells start to deform a little. Apparently the fibrin cause this to happen. It’s normal.

13:06 Perhaps the bleb form of a spirochete?

13:40 We talk about the various forms of spirochetes and their amazing ability to morph into many different shapes.

15:57 Target cells can be caused by liver stress or low iron (I have low ferritin and of course liver stress).

17:17 Spirochete wiggling out; but this doesn’t mean I have Lyme, as Lyme is a specific, B. burgdorferi spirochete, and we can’t tell which kind of spirochete this is.

20:25 Spirochete form; Bb is broad like this one, but again, can’t say it’s Lyme

23:45 When treatments for Lyme and other infections are effective and symptoms decrease, we see less organisms in the serum.

Because of common Lyme co-infections, we should be focused on tick-borne infections, not just Borrelia burgdorferi, although technically that is what Lyme is.

29:45 Two or three cyst-like structures

32:06 Talk of biofilm

35:40 Unidentifiable

37:33 We see something a bit creepy, in my book: a biofilm structure with spirochetes hanging out of it. Biofilm is like a slime that covers germs. It’s another defense used by bacteria and yeast to evade white blood cells. I could try taking InterFase by Klaire to break up the biofilm, or I could try lumbrokinase (enzymes from earthworms).

When you see five or less spirochete in the serum in an hour, usually the patient will have no symptoms; there are way less toxins for the liver to handle. But you should not have spirochetes at all. If you do, you have a dental infection, or a tick-borne illness, or syphilis.

39:31  A cyst ‘shell’. These are hibernating shells where the spirochetes and other bacteria hide from the immune system. Here we see an empty cyst.

40:04  We see a neutrophil, a type of white blood cell. It has movement. It works like an amoeba and will engulf bacteria and viruses. There were not many white bloods cells to be seen in my sample, which corresponds to my recent blood work, where I tested below range for WBC.

42:35 She is not a doctor so she cannot diagnose. However, my Igenix lab test for Lyme would be interpreted by many Lyme-literate MD’s as positive for Bb.

45:52 We then see CO2 ‘bubbles’ from yeast-like organisms.Yeast growing through the gut wall can perforate it and cause ‘leaky’ gut, but if they hang around in the blood (systemic yeast), it is often associated with some degree of immune suppression.  People with Lyme or TBI almost always have some amount of yeast ‘bubbles.’

48:57 Another little spirochete.

50:32 Another red blood cell that looks like it has a protozoan-like organism in it; when the organism exits the cell, it will cause the cell to ‘lyse’, or break open, and lots of that can cause low red blood cell count (which I have).

51:20 Has not seen enough to be confident that there may be a babesia infection; we look at a picture from the CDC of babesia forms.

What we don’t see are cell wall deficient spirochetes.

To summarize, in an hour we saw:

5 spirochetes

3 cysts

One spirochete biofilm (with 6 spirochetes attached)

One biofilm with yeast

No cell wall deficient forms

She didn’t see any nematode larvae in my blood either, which is another co-infection. Nor did we see bartonella.

If spirochetes are in the tissue, they’re going to be in the blood.

Phase contrast microscopy was very helpful to me. I will return after a few months of treatment to see if there are any improvements in my blood, and if they correspond with symptom improvement. I will be sure to let you know how my (natural) treatment goes.

Tags: , ,

18 Responses to Blood Microscopy: Spirochetes, Cysts and Biofilm

1. greg says:

Thanks for sharing this detailed account of a live blood analysis. I am working my way through lyme disease (confirmed through igenix western blot) and I have always wanted to know more about this particular tool. Your video was very helpful. It’s fascinating. Can you send me an email? I would like to get the contact info of the practitioner and ask some other questions.

I am working on heavy metals as well – and at times I have used some of Chris Slade’s products. Good for you for getting the dental work done. I had silver fillings removed several years ago, but might need more dental work. I like your site – great info.

How have you found Shade’s products? I use the IMD and the etheric glutathione and the ClearWay Cofactors. Since I’ve been treating lyme (with the salt/c protocol), I’ve put the mercury chelation on hold. But I do plan to pick it up again because my mercury speciation test showed above average levels for Hg. How are you treating your Lyme? Thanks for your comment.

• greg says:

I am working with an MD who uses an integrated approach to treating lyme – both drugs and herbs, nutrition, and homeopathy. I was only on the IMD for a short period to time and then he rotated me to other chelators such as cilantro/chlorella as well as IV chelation. I was tired while on the IMD – probably a sign of needing to do more to support the detox. I am doing better, but it has been an up and down journey.

I get tired on the IMD too, so we share that symptom from the mercury mobilization and hopefully removal. What are you using for IV chelation? I know for some that has been very helpful, but harmful for others. Too much mobilization and not enough excretion. Most of us Hg-toxic people have livers and kidneys that aren’t doing the best job of expelling toxins. This is what my mercury speciation test by QuickSilver showed. I still have above average levels of inorganic mercury (from amalgmas) even though my silver fillings were removed years ago. Let us know what you learn and thanks for your comments.

2. Nancy says:

Hi Amanda:

Wow! Thanks for sharing your story and for posting the microscopy video. This was amazing to watch and also very informative. Would you be willing to share your practitioner’s name?

Cheers and best wishes for continued healing!

Nancy

Thanks Nancy, right back at you! Unfortunately, she wants to stay unknown. I will find out how you can locate someone who does this work though.

• Nancy says:

Amanda, thanks for your response. I’d love to know of another practitioner who is doing this type of work. It would be very helpful to me in terms of confirming whether this is actually something I am afflicted with and then moving ahead with a potential treatment plan. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Again, thanks for sharing your journey!

I wish I had someone to recommend to you but I don’t! My person doesn’t want to be advertised. She said that Klinghardt and others also do this kind of microscopy, but can’t admit it because they will be hassled. In fact at least one of these doctors has moved out of the U.S. so that he can be less hindered to actually help people. My idea for you is to find a local Lyme support group and ask around. That’s how I found my person. If you do get the live blood cell analysis done, I want to see video!! Good luck.

3. Ross says:

Hi Amanda, did you resolve your Rouleaux/Fibrin? I heard that taking Digestive Enzymes and Pycnogenol help. I just found out that I have Rouleaux/Fibrin and want to know if you corrected this issue?

Thanks,

Ross

Hi Ross! I did resolve the rouleaux and fibrin. I never posted the last time I went to the live blood analysis person, but the rouleaux was down to a 1, out of a possible 5! And what I credit that too is the Modifilan I was on. Sergei (Modifilan guy) said to do high doses – 10 or so a day – to improve the blood, and he was right. Amazing. I have since stopped the Modifilan, and I’ve not had a recent blood analysis done, but it was great to see with my own eyes the effect a product had on my blood. Let us know what you find out. But yes, proteolytic enzymes should help with it too.

4. Jean says:

Hi
    I ave been desperately ill for many years. I am in the UK and wondered if you could let me know who the biologist is and where to go for treatment
    thanks
    Jean

Hi Jean, Sorry to hear that. I know how hard it is. I don’t know about UK practitioners. I do know how to start taking daily action to at least help your situation. Have you seen my post on 7 Steps to Improving Health? This is a place you can start. Do those things seem helpful?

5. Patter says:

Greetings Amanda, I too want to thank you for sharing and educating many of us out there who are trying to restore health and balance. I’ve just started research and learning of Bb and co-infections and understand that there are many challenges in regaining health while finding Doctors who are willing to take on the challenge, the issues with Insurance, $$$ and untold heartfelt stories…reaching out.

I am beginning to understand that : ” as above, so below”..”.it takes a village”, I hear often. Yep!

Want to share what a care giver of the Earth said about that…

Humankind has not woven the web of life.
    We are but one thread within it.
    Whatever we do to the web,
    we do to ourselves.
    All things are bound together,
    all things connect. Chief Seattle

I am a Reiki Practitioner, and I know nothing : * thank goodness…spirit does!

I am glad to meet you thru youtube and I continue to learn and do what I can as a volunteer at a local
    Lyme Disease Organization.

Blessings to ya
    Patter

Very well said Patter! It is so true – what we do to our web, we do to ourselves. I think more people are catching on to this. Thanks also for commenting on Lyme etc. I’ve learned that, in my view, the most important thing we can do in our efforts to heal ourselves, is monitor and improve the contents of our thoughts. What we think about, we attract. Over time, our point of attraction improves, and better health and happier minds/spirits result. Thank you for your efforts with our wonderful world and people.

6. Lorenzo says:

Hi amanda, your video was very helpful. Im not in the usa.. Im in DR , i need Someone here to check my
    Blood i might have lyme , have a bunch of the sypoms for a year now .. Have visited here more than 8 doctors

Hi Lorenzo. Instead of checking your blood, you may just want to proceed with a natural treatment that will address the parasites. Look at turpentine – Dr. Jennifer Daniels talks a lot about it. Listen to one of her interviews at oneradionetwork.com. Keep us posted.

7. Alicia de Ramer says:

Aloha Amanda! Thanks so much for posting your live blood analysis. May I know who was the microscopist? I am very interested in finding out about her Lyme’s chart … Fascinating!