How to Set Up Your Earthing Sheet

Because of the cost of the Earthing sheet, I needed many questions answered before I committed to buying one. I wanted to know if there was a way to have proof that the sheet was doing something. I went to Home Depot, bought a volt meter, and then ordered the sheet.

At first I was nervous about using a volt meter without too much knowledge about electricity, but I bravely figured out how to insert one lead into the ground port of the electrical outlet, and the other I held between my fingers. In this way I could measure body voltage, which ranged from 2-4 Volts depending on my location. This voltage is coming from electric wires from nearby appliances and from wires inside the walls.

When the sheet came, I lay on it and did the same test. The voltage went down to 0.1. Fantastic, it works! Electrons are doing their thing as I am connected to the ground via the Earthing cable. Turns out, sleeping this way has improved my slumber. I no longer wake up in the middle of the night and I have great energy during the day.

I made a video to give some basic explanation of how the Earthing sheet works. Let me know if you have any questions about the technology. It’s pretty cool.

EDIT OCTOBER 2012: I stopped using the earthing sheet pretty soon after I tried it – about a month. I couldn’t tell if it was doing anything. I was still waking up stiff. Then this month I slept on it for about a week, with the cable going into the ground port, not the ground. I had trouble sleeping that week, perhaps because of dirty electricity affecting the cable. So I can’t recommend the earthing sheet right now.

Tags:

9 Responses to How to Set Up Your Earthing Sheet

1. […] port of an outlet, or, ideally, to a rod you stick outside in the dirt. Blogger Amanda has a video demonstrating this. Her body voltage is 17 times lower when in contact with the […]

2. Praveen Sawh says:

Where did you buy your sheet? I like how you got all those accessories with it.

I bought mine from the Earthing Institute. If you get one, take care with using the grounding port of the electrical outlet instead of the actual earth ground outdoors. I slept a week recently with it plugged into the electrical outlet and did NOT sleep well at all. An explanation may be dirty electricity’s effect on the 60 Hz frequency.

3. Hubert says:

How do you know if the sheet is still working for you.

You can see what the Earthing Institute says about how to tell if it’s working. However I no longer recommend this sheet because I did not see any benefit. The last time I tried it I put the cable in the ground port and slept like that for a week – no improvement. Actually, a worsening of sleep. When I try it again, I will go directly into the ground for sure. What has been your experience?

4. John Serrano says:

hi:
    i’m john, i’m 38. i live in south america. i have a lot of chronic diseases, specially sleep and digestive. i just found out about earthing and want to buy a product for sleep, but i just don’t know where to buy it. there are so many websites and they all claim to be good. can you recommend one? and also tell me about what your video says? the grounding directly to the ground and shutting everything off and protecting from emf’s? how did you find out about this? from that doctor you wrote on your video? i also believe in this, but i’m just starting to google about this (protecting from emf’s and shutting everything off). do you think we could write so you can perhaps guide me? what was/is your health issue? i hope you are well. i am very sick and i’m desperate to buy an earthing product, but i wanna do it right. thanks for any help,
    john serrano.

So sorry to hear about your trouble. I know some people really like earthing, you could try it to see if it helps you. I bought mine from Earthing.com. Dr. Klinghardt is the one who talks about needing to turn off the house circuits. You can read more here and here. I wish I could tell you if it worked for me with the circuits off but I’ve not been able to do that yet. Can you see a naturopathic doctor? Maybe this site can help you find one? Please keep us posted on how you do. I hope you feel better soon.

5. thank you so much for dedicating time to this subject. I came to this page after googling “how can i tell if my earthing sheet is working” as i spent so much money on a full king size earthing sheet (from earthing.com) last may and can detect no noticeable difference when using it. the science behind it sounds great… but I just don’t notice any difference from using the sheet. perhaps as a last ditch attempt to figure out if it is working, i will try your test with the grounding unit from home depot. very curious! thank you and be so very well, heather

Don’t give up on it yet! Yes, test your body voltage, because that’s so interesting to see, but read up on Klinghardt’s assessment on why you need to mitigate other exposures when earthing/grounding (in comment above) and let us know if you try it his way. I am so curious to know about that (in my current house situation I can’t turn off the house circuits completely but would love to in the near future!).