Quicksilver IMD for Mercury: The First Round

Quicksilver IMD Mercury Detox

Day 1

Last night I took ½ scoop of IMD with two grams of Vitamin C. This morning I took one ClearWay capsule. I am starting low and slow, as is recommended. So far so good. I plan to do the five days on/ two days off program for now, gradually working up to one full scoop. On Monday I will order the Etheric Vitamin C and the Etheric Glutathione which I know are huge helps in this protocol. And I’ll find out from Mountain Health about what they recommend I do to address the parasites I know I have. Last time I took artemisinin and it did do its thing. I know you need to ‘beat back the explosion’ of microbes while simultaneously getting rid of the mercury with the IMD.

Here’s what I’m doing (although I still need to add the Etheric Vitamin C with R-Lipoic Acid and the Etheric Glutathione). But I’m going for more than three months as it takes at least a year.

Mercury Detox Kit

Mercury Detox Kit         Photo Credit: www.mhpvitamins.com

Day 2

Last night I took a half scoop of IMD with a one gram capsule of vitamin C. This morning I took one ClearWay capsule. Yesterday and today I had a couple drops of the trace minerals in water. The bottle dosage says 8 drops but if I overdo certain minerals like zinc and selenium I sometimes regret it due to what I think are mercury mobilization symptoms, like depression.

Again, so far, so good. I read in my diary from last year, when I was doing the IMD protocol with the Etheric Glutathione, Etheric Vitamin C and the ClearWay, that I was beginning to feel good. My stiffness was much better, I had energy, I didn’t feel retox symptoms from mercury mobilizing….And so why did I stop?! Because I wanted to try Modifilan, and also all those Quicksilver supplements are expensive. No matter. I have more experience going at this a second time around. And that’s what this site is about – helping ourselves through the sharing of experience.

So what are my symptoms? Stiff joints and muscles, stiff neck, stiff and painful left middle finger that won’t bend, stiff left knee, joints that pop and crack so that when I teach a yoga class and everyone’s in Final Relaxation and I lie down to join them, you can hear my knees crack and sometimes a hip or two. Also, my memory’s been poor for many, many years, I have scoliosis, my hormones are across-the-board low, and I tend towards constipation (luckily my Dr. Miller’s Holy Tea is coming soon.) I do not recommend detoxing metals or anything else unless you’re going to the bathroom at least twice a day.  The tea helps with this amazingly well. It also kills parasites.

It’s good to keep a journal because when I check back I see that I had various stiff and minorly painful body parts that are completely different than the ones I have now. Stuff moves. Lyme Disease people are especially aware of this. I was diagnosed with Borelia (the Lyme bacteria) by my electrodermal screening doctor. And of course this video shows spirochetes in my blood. Last year when I took the IMD protocol, I was also on high doses of sea salt and vitamin C (the Salt/C Plus protocol) for Lyme.  So I was going at it from all angles, including artemesinin for parasites. And I was starting to feel good. I will be getting there again. But I won’t be forgetting the tea!

Days 4 and 5

Both nights I took a half scoop of IMD. On Day 4 I took two ClearWays, spaced apart. Then that night I woke up around 3am and had trouble falling back to sleep, even after eating something. So Day 5 found me going back to one ClearWay.

I’m now on an ‘Off’ day. The protocol is five days on, two days off. Tomorrow my etheric Vitamin C with R-Lipoic Acid will arrive, as well as the Etheric Glutathione. These I used when I did the protocol last year and they seemed to help me feel better. But I didn’t feel bad!

This time around I will also be adding the Quinton products to the mix. I’ll take the Quinton Isotonic during the On days, and Hypertonic on the Off to remineralize. Chris Shade says that high mineral doses stop the runaway fatigue that can often accompany mercury detox. Starting slow is best. And also important is getting to a high enough dosage when ready to flush deeply.

With the IMD you can take three months to get up to the three scoops per day. This is my plan.

I am feeling better than a week ago. Some of this is due to my stopping the Dr. Clark Kidney Cleanse I was on last week. Did it stir up metals? Were the herbs contaminated by metals? Who knows, but the cleanse was making me feel worse rather than better so I stopped. My mood is good, so is my energy, my body overall feels a bit looser. Dr. Miller’s Holy Tea is also a factor in this I’m sure. Get that waste out of there, people! Some people think it’s okay to go to the bathroom once every two days. I am here to tell you that I am not one of those people.

If you are interested, here is Part 1 of 5 videos of Chris Shade talking about the why’s and how’s of detoxification. I have watched every one and am quite grateful that the protocol is fully described at no cost.  And if you have a problem with warts – take high doses of ClearWay Cofactors! Shade’s son had many warts on his hands for years until he discovered that the ClearWay, at high doses (6-8 capsules per day) took them away after less than a week. This he describes in the Part 4 video.

Day 6

Feel fine.

Day 7

The Quinton and liposomal products came so I took one ampuole of the Hypertonic – since it was an ‘Off’ day – and I got pretty fatigued later in the day. I took two pumps of the etheric Vitamin C/R-Lipoic Acid to see if it would take away some of the tiredness, but no go. Will go to sleep early tonight. Rest is where it’s at.

More to come as I move forward with the Quicksilver Detox rounds. Feel free to share with us if you have tried it yourself!

_________________________________________________________________

Related Posts:

Quicksilver Mercury Detox: My First Three Months

My Quicksilver Mercury Speciation Test Results

Tags: , , , ,

13 Responses to Quicksilver IMD for Mercury: The First Round

1. Steven e says:

Thinking about trying IMD and anxiously awaiting updates. I’m making my own liposomal c and planning to make liposomal RLA and Glutathione as well.

Hi and thanks for writing. I am ten weeks/rounds into the Quicksilver IMD protocol and it is going well. Body stiffness has decreased, as well as my cell phone radiation sensitivity. I am doing two scoops a day. I am writing a post about my first three months doing the program and it will be located on my main page when it’s ready. Sign up for my newsletters so you don’t miss it.

That’s great you are making your own liposomal vitamin C. I bet you are saving much money that way. Chris Shade talks about how that and the glutathione are huge players in the metals detox.

2. Ravneet G says:

Hi Amanda,

Been following you for a bit and was wondering if you were still eating according to Ray Peat principles. How is that treating you?

Funny you should ask that, just as I was downing a milk and fruit shake a la Ray Peat! As you know, he is big into dairy (even ultra-pasteurized if that’s all that’s available, which is a bit surprising but I’m going with it when I can’t get the good stuff) – so cheese, milk, cream, for the protein and calcium and other nutrients. He likes fruit (without seeds), and gelatin to balance the aminos and replace the need for eating animal organs as a supplement for minerals, protein etc. If you read my blog you know that I went back and forth from dairy about 100 times, but I always come back to it because I love it. Blood Type O and all. I am doing great. I have lost my taste for all grains really so rarely have them (and of course I have been off gluten for many years). I think my body now knows and wants nutrient-dense food, and that’s what I go for, as does Peat and the Weston Price Foundation people. How about your experience with the Peat diet?

3. Ravneet G says:

I have eaten according to Weston Price in the past as well and it helped me stabilize from a terrible state of being extremely thin, emotionally awry, and suffering from inflammatory conditions, but I think I over did it with the fats and meat and eventually ended up low energy and a little overweight and not eating enough starch to promote healthy gut bacteria.

I’ve been doing Dr.Larry Wilson’s nutritional balancing slow oxidizer diet for about 9 months with regular hair tests, but started feeling a deathly sort of tired and developed a diabetic ketoacidosis acetone smell that was alarmingly strong on that high vegetable diet. I also didn’t see enough improvement in symptoms or evidence of elimination of toxic minerals or metals until I started incorporating some Ray Peat ideas into my diet and ignoring some of Wilson’s more dogmatic recommendations. Eating more fruit has caused more signs of inflammation in my body, but that may actually be a sign of lowering cortisol due to less stress caused by chronic low blood sugar. I’m eating 3-5 tablespoons of raw unflitered honey, which has been correlated with remediation of deranged sugar metabolism in diabetics and obese patients in two recent human trials. My aches and pains have really been reduced since I eliminated PUFAs along with a few other really troublesome symptoms I had on the Wilson protocol. In addition, for the first time since adding high quality sugar into my diet (and lots of raw dairy – I love it too), my hair test shows elimination of toxic metals. I’m still having skin problems though ever since upping the sugar. I’m so conflicted about whether to incorporate Ray Peat’s recommendations into my nutritional balancing based diet since Wilson is SO adamantly against any kind of sugar, and I”m spending so much money on his recommended supplements and hair test. It definitely helps to hear your experience since I know you’ve tried many of the same diets I have, and I share an uncanny number of symptoms with you – all the way down to my left hip and leg being jammed up and a leftward lean to my torso.

Two other elements that I think have been key to improvements have been Prescript Assist, Hyperbiotics, and a short term dose of Saccharomyces Boulardii, which has worked well with Ray Peat’s high lactose diet.

Thanks for sharing the information that you do! It really helps.

Interesting to hear that about how you’re feeling tired on Dr. Wilson’s protocol. They will probably tell you that you are retracing and need extra rest. I think that did happen to me during the first six or so months on the Wilson program. Then my fatigue decreased. Or, it could be that you need more carbs and sugar! I did.

I now have great energy. This is about three years since stopping their program, though much of what I do now overlaps with nutritional balancing. I did find that I need carbs to feel good. The Ray Peat sugar addition – in my coffee with cream, in my milk shakes, in a coconut milk pie I just baked – makes me feel good and energetic. So I really think he’s on to something regarding that. And the PUFA’s, well, I’m on board with that aspect as well. I really don’t do many vegetables now. I wish that nightshades didn’t make my knuckles hurt, but they do, so I don’t do the potatoes that Peat likes.

I am glad you are less achey off the PUFA’s…me too. How great you are showing metal expulsion on hair tests now.

I say go with how you feel. Do you feel better, more energized and happy on the Peat-inspired diet? Then go with it. Trust your gut. Don’t do gmo’s or gluten. Get rest. Also, look into the Quicksilver TriTest, I’m curious what that would show for you. Left hip and leg jammed up as well, interesting! I am really liking Original Strength crawling and rolling and rocking. Check them out.

• Ravneet G says:

Thanks, Amanda. I will definitely check these options out. I also love nightshades, but notice myofacial pain the morning after eating them. Perhaps after a time we’ll have less sensitivity to them. I was wondering how you react to teas like green tea and black tea. I haven’t been able to figure out how they’re effecting me yet.

4. John H says:

Hi Amanda, I have been on Nutritional Balancing for 18 months and have come out of ‘4 lows’. It’s slow progress and I am considering adding IMD to my protocol which Dr Wilson doesn’t recommend. On Ac protocol, even 6 mg DMPS knocks me around, I can hardly move after day 3 so I’m looking for a gentler approach. What are you on or recommending these days after all your experience? Are you leaning towards Dr Chris Shade’s work? Thanks, John

Hi John,

I did nutritional balancing with Dr. Wilson for 2.5 years and made progress but not enough. I did gain energy and I was grateful. I loved the saunas and will get back to those one day. Do you like the saunas?

Like you, I reacted badly to even low doses during Andy Cutler chelation. In hindsight I would have gone right to the Quicksilver protocol, but with an experienced doctor who works with him, a lot of money so I could keep on the program for months and take all the recommended supplements, and I would go slow. When money comes in I may add it back in. I did/do like Shade’s work and am curious as to what he’s discovered since I last studied his work. Keep us posted!

5. Jason says:

Hello,

Did IMD help you at all with your joints? I had my amalgams out 2 years ago, started getting stiff joints last year, and just started the IMD protocol last week. I’m curious if it helped you with the joint inflammation, or if you found anything else that did?

I have that same symptom of a stiff and painful finger that won’t bend all the way.

Thank you.

Hi Jason, I feel that for me, the way out of stiff joints and body is the following: remove the metals via the IMD protocol (not just IMD, you need the accompanying products like glutathione etc), address the parasites, eat nourishing, mineral-rich foods like homemade bone broth, and breathe/meditate every day…all of it together gives the best results. Our stiff joints are telling us something – we need to detox, and do it gently, consistently, with full faith that we are improving our health. Do your best with food – sometimes it’s hard to know what the best food is for us. Experiment, try to feel into what the body wants. Keep in touch and good luck.

6. Krystle says:

Hi Amanda!
    I’m just discovering your blog site as I’m about to start using IMD and the full protocol. I was wondering if you since have recovered and how your finger is doing and your joints? I also have the same middle finger issues and joint problems/deterioration. Thanks!

Hi Krystle, how great you’re going to do the whole protocol. I had to stop because of cost. Still working on diminishing finger joints, which are only a tad affected. Please keep us posted!